Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kamberg discovers his Jew-Tile

Question: Would it surprise you to learn that I am 1/8 mighty Choctaw?


Oy-weh!

I guess Preemptive's Kevin had to come up with some explanation why he intermittently claims to be Jewish presumably in an attempt to lend authority to his auspicious comments when he waxes on Israel or Palestine


Willamette Week
I am an American Jew and I am a long-time harsh critic of Likud and the IDF's strategy with all of Israel's neighbors. I've been called an anti-semite by more Jews than I cared to keep track of for daring to point out the self-evident fact that BOTH sides have very bloody hands.
4/22/08


Blue Oregon
1. Josh Marshall is spot on - the ongoing expansion of Jewish settlements is a core issue that's not going to go away no matter how many Palestinians the IDF kills.
2. Not that it should matter but... I am Jewish.
1/5/09


Oregonian, Mapes Blog
I'm a liberal Jewish American who also gave more financial support to Merkley than to any other candidate (ever, in fact). I have also written copiously and very critically of Israel's recent micro-war against Gaza and against it's race-based policies towards Palestinians in general, both inside and outside of Israel, on my blog.
2/6/09




I just thought it odd since he didn't grow up Jewish and describes himself as "Christian" on his blog Preemptive Karma and "Theist" on Facebook. When i inquired, Kevin got all nasty (probably since he misses posting as navvoter).

But now, woven into an artful narrative is Kevin's story of being an "American Jew."


The Gentile, the Jew and the Astronomer
I've mentioned before that I am Jewish. But it wasn't always so. Which is to say that I didn't know about my Jewish heritage when I was growing up. And since 2009 is also the International Year of Astronomy I thought I'd address my connection to both issues in one post.

I don't remember the exact year but I think it was either 1998 or 1999 when I received a phone call from my mother informing me that she'd just been informed by my maternal grandmother that her mother (my maternal great-grandmother) was a Jew. [Ed. Major snippage of how Great-gramma met Great-grampa...]

So, I am a Jew who once thought he was a Gentile. And as you can see I have the all-important maternal line which is how Jews recon these things.
Posted by Kevin at February 18, 2009 11:10 AM



It was a touching story, especially Gramma Jessie's "psychic breakdown." I cried. I laughed.

Kevin, please don't describe yourself as a "Jewish American" in order to boost your credibility. It's Meshugana.

No comments: