Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Farewell. I mean, F*%# @ff

Juvenile? Perhaps. I thought of throwing a shoe, but it might have actually hit the television and done some damage.

I spent most of the morning holed up by myself watching the Inauguration coverage. A friend emailed asking if i were in DC. I replied back, "No, i'm in my PJ's."

Reflections...


  • Bush: You got off scott free. I think you should swing for your crimes, just like Saddam. And give back the money your family and your Saudi friends stole.
  • Cheney: You just creep me out. You've been compared before to the evil Mr. Potter in It's a Wonderful Life. Thanks for completing the picture. Did you hurt your back shredding documents? Lift with your legs, dumbass! I think you deserve life in Gitmo. You're going to have to cough up all the cash you and your fellow war profiteers at Halliburton ripped off. But you might get a stipend for your future work as a guinea pig for "enhanced interrogation techniques."
  • Kuccinich: Nice seat. And thanks again for mine at the convention.
  • Warren: We don't all worship your gods. Your invocation was an offensive performance.
  • Aretha: My dad would have loved seeing you today.
  • Biden and Stevens: Palpable happiness.
  • Roberts: What was up with that "oaf of office"? Just because Obama didn't vote for you (and i'm sure verse-visa), that's no reason to flub your part.
  • Obama: Quinessential, cool.
  • Poem: Meh...
  • Benediction: Oh no you din't!

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- (laughter) -- when yellow will be mellow -- (laughter) -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- (laughter) -- and when white will embrace what is right." - Rev. Joseph Lowery (full text)


My big brother came just before the playing of the national anthem. We stood together and then flew the colors. Then i took him out for a pint at the Hedge House. (Cheap pints on Tuesdays!)

We were back in time for the split screen of the Obama motorcade and the Adams public flogging. I was surprised he gave up his Inauguration plans (i'm sure they would have included nice seats and and a couple big balls) and kind of wish he had put this off a day.

No comments: