Monday, January 12, 2009

Joe the Reporter

Grimly reaping the rewards of his 15 minutes of infamy, Samuel Wurzelbacher - the Republican plant who tried and failed to extract a macaca moment from Barack Obama - is now on the dole of the conservative media outlet, Pajamas Media (pjtv.com). He's been sent on a ten-day tour to the Holy Land to report on the conflict in Gaza.

True to his fascist instincts, his personal preference would be to ban journalists from war zones.


“I think media should be abolished from, you know, reporting,” Wurzelbacher said. “You know, war is hell. And if you’re gonna sit there and say, ‘well, look at this atrocity,’ well you don’t know the whole story behind it half the time, so I think the media should have no business in it.”

He shared with his fellow journalists several other nuggets of nonsense and hypocrisy...


“[I'm a] peace-loving man,” but "when someone hits me, I'm going to unload on the boy.”

God bless Joe the vigilante. “I’m in the bunker, I’m sitting there angry, outright furious, that I’m letting this terrorist dictate what I’m going to do because they’re firing missiles,” Wurzelbacher said. “It was fear at first, then outright anger, and then me wanting some kind of retribution. I’m not a person that runs from things, but when it’s a missile, you run.” (CNN: more...)

What is it with these right wing nuts who hate government, the media and education and in turn lie and cheat their way into office and create their own media empires which seek to rule us rather than inform?

No comments: