Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bush kills Mandela

Just when you thought Bush had done everything possible to demonstrate the depths of his stupidity, the Decider held a press conference today and declared that anti-apartheid activist and former South African President Nelson Mandela (who currently lives in Johannesburg) was dead!

“I thought an interesting comment was made — somebody said to me, I heard somebody say, 'Now, where’s Mandela?' ... Well ... Mandela’s dead ... because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas.”

Think Progress has the video. It will make your head hurt. Mandela was previously held for dead by CNN in the run up to the Iraq war.

In today's news conference, Bush tried to fend off rumors of an economic downturn by engaging in a little grade inflation of his own. When asked to rate the risk of a recession, our CEO President responded:

“I think you need to talk to an economist. I think I got a B in Econ 101. I got an A, however, in keeping taxes low... and being fisky... fiscally responsible with the people's money.”
Bush was actually a "C-" student of Economics, what people at Yale politely refer to as a "gentleman's C." Apologies in advance if you spat out anything on to your computer screens.

No comments: